Healthcare Technology Highlighted Article: Updated - Jul 28, 2015
Microfluidics is a discipline that actually encompasses a wide variety of separate disciplines ranging from engineering to biology to even biotechnology. It's not a particularly old field-reports suggest it got its start in the 1980s-but it has been put to use on a wide number of fronts. According to a new report from Lux Research, microfluidics in healthcare is set for some impressive growth, hitting $4 billion by 2020.
More Healthcare Technology Articles
Microfluidics is a discipline that actually encompasses a wide variety of separate disciplines ranging from engineering to biology to even biotechnology. It's not a particularly old field-reports sugg…
HealthSpot has announced the impending rollout of its first 25 telemedicine kiosks throughout Northeast Ohio. The kiosks will be installed inside Rite Aids throughout the region.
The GE Foundation has announced a $14 million grant to The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center's Project ECHO to improve healthcare delivery.
Limelight Health, a company specializing in mobile solutions for the healthcare industry, has received a $3 million infusion in the form of Series A funding. Limelight will use the funds to expand its…
Even though the U.S. has the largest healthcare spend in the world, there are a lot of gaps in the delivery of care which leaves many people without adequate or any coverage at all. The passage of the…
It's startling that while nearly 29.1 million Americans have diabetes, there is a striking knowledge gap among the general population about the causes, impacts, costs and treatment options for this de…
To say that today's healthcare systems are in a period of rapid evolution might be a bit of an understatement - 'frantic rush forward' might be more descriptive. Healthcare systems have seen a rapid a…
In modern healthcare facilities it is crucial for almost every task to be carried out as quickly and reliably as possible, in order to ensure patients are receiving the best care possible. More and mo…
Germany has a reputation as a center of tech, and Dresden's new telehealth initiative, "CCS Telehealth Ostsachsen," is no exception.
- Oklahoma Medical Board Mandates Utilization of QR Codes
- Bucknell University Students Develop Health App with Orthopedic Surgeon
- BridgeHead Teams Up with ClearData for Cloud-Based Medical Archiving System
- Qualcomm 2net Platform Enables Medical Data Access from Multiple Devices
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center Selects Avantas Technology for Automated Labor Management System
- Cantel Medical Expands Footprint in Medical Water Industry
- Verisante Technology Receives Purchase Order for Aura, a Revolutionary Medical Device for the Detection of Skin Cancer
- Capsule Tech Facilitates EMRs with Medical Device Connectivity Solutions
Health Information Exchange
- Google Glass App Developed to Save Lives after Cardiac Arrest
- MVC Now Offers Health Information Systems Associates Degree
- Etransmedia Implements Direct Care Coordinator Solution at Medical Center
- CureMD Takes Over 3,400 Navinet EMR and PM Providers
Coordinated Care Management
- Mobile Apps from Caremerge Mean Better Service Delivery for Senior Centers
- Eastpointe Revolutionizes its Customer Support Services
- Philips Lifeline to Feature Skyhook's Location Service